Regular meeting of the Haywood County Commission September 21, 2020
Agenda – Regular meeting of the Haywood County Commission September 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
1. Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Moment of Silence
4. Prayer: Commissioner Joe Barden
5. Pledge of Allegiance: Attorney Michael Banks
6. Approval of minutes
7. Report of Officials
A. County Mayor
B. County Trustee
C. Board of Education
D. Highway Department
8. Report of Standing Committees
A. Education: Commissioner Eubanks
B. Solid Waste : Commissioner Stanley
C. Public Safety: Commissioner O’Quinn
D. Budget: Commissioner Richmond
9. New Business: Consider Passage of the following:
A. Resolution approving Electronic Meeting
B. Election of Commission Chairman and Vice Chairman
1. Appointment of Commissioner to Nominating Committee
C. Passage of Private Act -Privilege-Tax-Exemption-Volunteer Fire Department and /or Rescue Squad
1. Authority request to notify Secretary of State regarding action
D. Resolution for Housing Inspection Services
E. Acceptance of Bid-Brush Truck
F. Declare Vehicles-Surplus (see attached)
G. Budget Amendments:
1. Request to transfer funds from Capital Account ( ) to Capital Account for Schools ( ) purchase of School Bus.
2. Request to transfer ___funds from Capital Fund ( ) Capital Fund ( ) pay TLM.
3. Request to pay from Covid-19 Funds in the amount of $____ to Schools reimbursement of unemployment.
4. Request to pay assessment of $3,700 to Southwest Development (Teresa Sanders job ).
H. Authorization to pay $ ___to USDA from account# __(early payment of note).
10. Other Business
A. Main Street-Commissioner Hayes (Information only-no action to be taken).
11. Mayor’s Report
A. Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation
C. Informational plus distribution of Committee Preference Form