Haywood County Commission meeting
The Haywood County Commission will meet in regular session on September 20, 2021 at 6:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
2. Calling of the Roll
3. Prayer: Mayor David M. Livingston
4. Pledge of Allegiance: Sheriff Billy Garrett
5. Approval of Minutes
6. Reports of Officials
A. County Mayor
B. County Trustee
C. Board of Education
D. Highway Department
7. Report of Standing Committees
A. Education: Commissioner Eubanks
B. Solid Waste: Commissioner Stanley
C. Public Safety: Commissioner O’Quinn
D. Budget: Commissioner Richmond
8. New Business: (Consider passage of the following)
1. Motion to close the Agenda
A. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman of Haywood County Commission.
B. Referral of proposal sale of Ambulance Authority to Braden Health Care – to Public Safety Commission – charged to investigate and report back by December meeting of Commission-Advantages-Disadvantages-Recommendations.
C. Motion to approve and authority to execute Contract with Veteran’s Officer.
D. Appointment of members of Human Rights Council: Bob Connerly, Kelly Thomlinson, Jay Boyd, Terry Smith, Latonia Johnson.
E. Presentation of 1st Safe Place: Jasmine Dowell
F. Appointment of Joe Perry to Emergency Management Director effective September 27, 2021.
G. Documents presented for review.
1. Report of Dept Structure
2. Final Census Numbers
3. Crime Reports-NIBRS agency-(2019-2020)
9. Budget Amendments: Laura Thornton-(Sheriff Department cars) authority to purchase and income budget amendments.
10. Call of Districts-Sonya Castellaw
11. Mayor’s Comments:
A. Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation
B. Additional Mayoral Comments