Agenda for Haywood County Commission meeting – May 20, 2019
This is the agenda as of May 15. It is subject to revision.
Public Hearing at 5 PM Concerning Bond Refinance
Opening: 6 P.M.
Adoption of the Minutes from the March 18, 2019 meeting
Reports (PDF versions at bottom of page):
Board of Education
1. Reports of Standing Committees:
Solid Waste Committee
Public Safety Committee
Budget Committee (Minutes Attached)
2. Consider Resolution 5191 Authorizing the Issuance of General Obligation Refunding Bonds of Haywood County, Tennessee.
3. Consider Acceptance of a Recommendation from the Property Committee Concerning Personal Property Taxes for Simmco.
4. Consider Changes to the Wording of the Motion Authorizing a Lease/Purchase of a Garbage Truck for Solid Waste. (changes are in bold lettering)
Motion by Larry Stanley and seconded by Leonard Jones Jr. to approve the request to enter into a 5 year lease with BancorpSouth Equipment Finance to purchase a new garbage truck for the Haywood County Solid Waste Department.
5. Consider Resolution 5192 Reinstating the Procedures for Payment of Delinquent Tax Property Sales
6. Consider Appointments to the Civil Service Board
7. Consider reappointing Patricia Herron, Lewis Pearson, and Joe Stephens to the Emergency Communications Board for a 4 Year Term.
8. Consider Clarification of the Start and Ending Point on Old Hwy 222.
9. Discussion/Submittal of Local Rules
10. Update on Budget Process
11. Agriculture Committee Report
12. Other Business
13. Budget Amendments
14. Call of Districts